The Product Owner in the Product Practice of the Innovate Line of Service (LOS) is involved in many critical aspects of software development engagements at AgileThought. This person will collaborate with clients and AgileThought team members to clarify a compelling vision and maintain a healthy, ordered product backlog for the software solution to be built. This person may also serve in an advisory capacity to help assure the product being built aligns with the client’s organizational goals.
As a Consultant on Client Engagements:
- Facilitates client stakeholder meetings to elicit requirements through user interviews, site visits, surveys, workflow analysis, product canvases, story maps, user stories, and product backlogs.
- Advises the client on product visioning, strategy and roadmaps, as well as the proper role of the Product Owner on a Scrum team.
- Prioritizes the items in the product backlog by balancing multiple stakeholder requests.
- Performs external research, like competitive analysis and user surveys, on behalf of the client.
- Leads and supports agile teams in the iterative delivery of software products.
- Partners with AgileThought Delivery Leaders and Technical Architects to help ensure successful engagements including delivery of SOW requirements, software quality, and engagement financials.
- Maintains the overall product vision with the ability to demonstrate all product functionality to solicit user and stakeholder feedback.
As a Member of the Practice:
- Shares experiences and expertise at practice meetings with fellow consultants.
- Contributes to the creation of new practice assets and tools.
- Participates in the interview and selection process for future practice members.
- Pursues relevant training to acquire new, modern skills.
- Contributes to thought leadership by creating content for blogs, social media, and conferences.
- Relevant certifications, like IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO).
- Deep understanding of Scrum and the Product Owner role.
- Three years of experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner on a Scrum Team.
- Solid mastery of agile work management tools like Microsoft Azure DevOps or Jira.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.