AgileThought, an exciting software company with, fast-paced growth, and an amazing management team to grow your career, is looking for a Risk and control (SOX) Manager to join our team.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and monitor the Company’s SOX controls framework.
- Help business process owners to develop and maintain efficient and effective controls across the Company.
- Maintain (and create as needed) control documentation including process flowcharts, and risk and controls matrices to evaluate both financial reporting and IT controls.
- Lead internal control review assessment, evaluate business and technology risks, identify mitigation controls and opportunities to improve control environment.
- Report on the internal control framework, control implementation, and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business process owners and senior leadership.
- Work with process owners to formulate policies, and procedures to improve internal controls and compliance, across business processes to gain cost efficiencies and prevent fraud.
- Conduct periodic meetings and walkthroughs with process owners to validate any process changes, update process narratives and assess for control gaps.
- Advise business and process owners of necessary training to bring the Company, departments and staff up to speed on compliance standards. Work with management provide adequate training and education material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to build knowledge and understanding of risks and controls.
- Assist finance, accounting, human resources, IT, security, legal, and other critical business functions to update policy manuals and related documentation compliance by staff involved.
- Stay current on relevant changes in generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory guidance, industry best practices, areas of focus/hot topics for external audits, as well as other changes that may impact the value of internal control policies.
- Facilitate requests between control owners and external auditors, actively engage with external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 6+ years of combined IT/financial audit, SEC compliance, SOX 404 experience, with 5 years in Big 4 public accounting or a national CPA firm.
- CPA, or CIA, or equivalent
- Prior experience with enterprise scale ERP systems, such as SAP S4 HANA is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards, and business process best practices.
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 experience with strong understanding of internal control frameworks (COBIT/COSO), risk and controls standards, business processes best practices and current rulings and guidance.
- General understanding of IT systems, software, networks, and the IT concepts.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required.
- Excellent Project Management skill.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines.
- Exceptional communication, problem solving and dispute resolution skills.
- Ability to guide colleagues with clear instruction and constructive feedback.
- Must be flexible, a team player, and able to multitask.
- Experience managing project work with tight deadlines and working in a fast-paced agile environment
Things That Make a Difference
- Prior software and/or technology industry experience.
- Prior high-growth startup experience.
- Fluency in English and Spanish