Who are we?
AgileThought is a full service software development and consulting firm staffed by passionate, experienced software professionals. Ok, that said, we are fanatical about what we do and believe happy employees make happy customers. We are a client services organization that thrives when our clients are delighted, and we’re always looking for individuals who care about finding delivering the right solution with the best possible quality every time.
The Agile Consultant will coach software teams, operations teams, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and managers to implement more effective software development practices. They will coach delivery teams to define product visions and backlogs, produce software increments on a regular cadence, and deliver software frequently to end customers. They will deliver training, coaching, and recomendations to organizations who are looking for ways to improve their business outcomes.
The Agile Consultant will perform the role of change agent, creating an environment of continuous improvement, challenging the status quo, and developing a compelling case for change. In addition, they will be responsible for constant review of performance indicators and metrics used to measure productivity, alignment to outcomes and client satisfaction.
Our mission is nothing less than creating unparalleled experiences for our clients and our team members. While successful delivery of a proposed solution is paramount, we desire for our clients to be delighted above and beyond their expectations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate workshops sessions that deliver clear, specific outcomes
- Coach delivery teams to develop incremental software to create fast feedback loops with stakeholders
- Educate teams to understand the mindset required to establish a culture of Agile and DevOps
- Lead product visioning sessions with stakeholders to build shared understanding and consensus
- Instill disciplined, transparent Agile practices with organizations to remove systematic impediments
- Facilitate collaboration between software and operations teams to promote frequent delivery of quality software to production environments
- Keep current on the latest industry trends related to organizational transformations
- Attends internal practice meetings and collaborates with other consultants to share ideas and experiences
- Attends and collaborates within AgileThought’s internal Communities of Practice.
- Attends local meetup groups and is active in the community
How you’ll get the job done:
- Accountability for value in the work you perform and the service you provide.
- Establish credibility by the sharing of knowledge related to your personal experiences and work with the team to maintain strong communication throughout each relationship
- Sticking to the game plan. If something gets committed, ensuring it gets done
- Making it your job to know the particular product being delivered and how it will provide business value
- Something will always come up, and it’s better to play like you’re catching up than to play like you’ve already won
- Whether it’s when you need help or when you’re unsure of an outcome, when in doubt, call out
- When something is standing in your way of providing a successful solution, you have the authority to stop the assembly line until it gets resolved
- Stepping out of your comfort zone at times
- Taking pride in the work you have accomplished and sharing what you’ve learned with others
- Avoiding the desire to take shortcuts at times instead maintain the consistency in how we approach solutions to ensure successful outcomes. Avoid the temptation to think that a difficult situation will be resolved simply by the passage of time and without the hard work of addressing root causes
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Deep experience as a lead role on an agile software team
- 5+ years of experience working in a software development environment
- Deep knowledge of Agile and DevOps principles and practices
- Experience coaching and eduating software teams in the adoption of Agile and DevOps Frameworks
- Excellent training and presentation skills
- Skilled in facilitating meetings, driving decisions, and negotiating win/win solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- Team-Level certifications such as PSM, PSPO, PSD or DOF
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership/relationship building skills, with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A willingness to provide instruction and mentoring
- Ability to take direction from senior members of the practice
Great to Haves!
- Established speaker at industry events
- Experience in a consulting environment is preferred
- Located near major airport
- Familiar with Audit/Assurance practices within the Big 4 Consulting industry
Want to know more?
- Willingness to travel between 50-75% based on you and your current client’s location and needs.