Senior DevOps Engineer – Atlanta
Who are we?
AgileThought is a full service software development and implementation firm staffed by passionate, experienced software professionals. Ok, that said, we are fanatical about what we do and believe happy employees make happy customers. We are a client services organization that thrives when our clients are pleased, and we’re always looking for individuals who care about finding the right solution and delivering that solution with the best quality so everyone walks away wanting more.
The DevOps Engineer is an AgileThought team member involved in many aspects of a customer engagement; from the collaboration with other team members and customers to determine the best solution for a particular engagement to the ability to remove impediments for the team.
Our goal is to have our clients view our delivery teams as a valuable partner in assisting them in achieving business value through the software solutions we provide.
Our goal is nothing less than creating unparalleled experiences for our clients and staff. Successful delivery of the intended solution is paramount, but enduring value lies in executing in a way that cannot be found with any other provider, and leaving the client with the best possible feeling of success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and implementing the following standards:
- Version control
- Build automation and verification testing
- Assisting with environmental configuration, automated deployment and testing
- Assisting in implementation of automatically creating environments on premises and in the cloud
- Assisting in implementing end to end governance of software deployment
How you’ll get the job done:
- Accountability for value in the work you perform and the service you provide
- Establish credibility by the sharing of knowledge related to your personal experiences and work with the team to maintain strong communication throughout each relationship
- Sticking to the game plan. If something gets committed, ensuring it gets done
- Making it your job to know the particular product being delivered and how it will provide business value
- Something will always come up, and it’s better to play like you’re catching up than to play like you’ve already won
- Whether it’s when you need help or when you’re unsure of an outcome, when in doubt, call out
- When something is standing in your way of providing a successful solution, you have the authority to stop the assembly line until it gets resolved
- Stepping out of your comfort zone at times
- Taking pride in the work you have accomplished and showing it to the customer
- Avoiding the desire to take shortcuts at times instead maintain the consistency in how we approach solutions to ensure successful outcomes. Avoid the temptation to think that a difficult situation will be resolved simply by the passage of time and without the hard work of addressing root causes
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Understanding and experience with agile development practices, including unit testing and continuous integration
- Ability to collaborate and bridge the gaps between development and operation groups
- Ability to multitask across different projects
- Become a partner and trusted advisor to clients, advising on best-fit technologies and best practices
- 3+ years of Azure or related experience using cloud services
- Delivery experience configuring build and releases using Azure DevOps/VSTS/TFS or similar tools (Jenkins)
- Proven ability and experience with systems analysis of Cloud or Hybrid (Cloud and On-Premises) environments
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Java, or C#
- SQL Server 2014 or higher
- Infrastructure using scripting technologies (examples: ARM Templates, PowerShell or Bash) or other equivalent scripting or tools
- Azure cloud computing platform, including App Services, Azure SQL, Containers and more
- Creating continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation pipelines
- Infrastructure as Code tools like Puppet or Chef
- Automated deployments (tools like Octopus Deploy, Microsoft Release manager, Ansible etc.)
- Demonstrate the capability to work with the tools involved to implement and ensure compliance with the process put in place
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn business concepts quickly
- A desire to constantly learn and share new knowledge, whether this is reading a book and posting a review on our Yammer, or giving a lunch and learn on the hottest new topics in your field
- A caring attitude – care about what you do, who you do it with and how you’re going to be successful in the end
Great to Haves!
- Technically savvy, entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in environments that reward self-initiative and resourcefulness
- Non-complainer – everyone has something they’d rather not do
- Experience integrating security and compliance automation within a DevOps culture
- Academic background in computer science
- Experience designing and implementing Azure services such as IaaS, Paas, Serverless Functions, SQL DB, Cosmos DB, Storage Tables, Notification Hub, Event Hub, IoT Hub, API Management, AKS/ACS, and Docker
- Knowledge of Azure API Manager and Kubernetes
- Strong background in Azure monitoring, alerting, and diagnostics, including Application Insights, Log Analytics, Network Monitoring, Service Health, and dashboards
Want to know more?
- Specifics about job such as travel requirements, full time/part time, extra benefits, etc.