Who are we?
AgileThought is a full service software development and implementation firm staffed by passionate, experienced software professionals. Ok, that said, we are fanatical about what we do and believe happy employees make happy customers. We are a client services organization that thrives when our clients are pleased, and we’re always looking for individuals who care about finding the right solution and delivering that solution with the best quality so everyone walks away wanting more.
The Senior Developer is an AgileThought team member involved in many aspects of a customer engagement; from the collaboration with other team members and customers to determine the best solution for a particular engagement to the design, development and delivery of software products.
Our goal is to have our clients view our delivery teams as a valuable partner in assisting them in achieving business value through the software solutions we provide.
Our goal is nothing less than creating unparalleled experiences for our clients and staff. Successful delivery of the intended solution is paramount, but enduring value lies in executing in a way that cannot be found with any other provider, and leaving the client with the best possible feeling of success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, developing, implementing, and releasing high quality custom software solutions using Scrum
- Applying the very best technical agile patterns and practices when building custom software solutions
- Collaborating frequently with AgileThought’s customers to provide technical consultation and assistance; and working with these customers to build software solutions that add the most value to their business
- Working under some supervision from a Solution Architect or Delivery Leader, but will be expected to work independently on complex, non-routine tasks and projects – many unique to our customer’s organizations. You may interact with end users and other technical personnel to identify and correct issues
- Maintain continuous, open, consistent professional communication with customers, peers and team members. Openly listen to others and confirm understanding to ensure everyone is on the same page
- Proactively looking for ways to keep all time productive and will use non-customer time for personal training, internal projects and administrative tasks
- Working on project teams consisting of both AgileThought customers and AgileThought team members
- Be committed to making a positive impact on our client’s engagements
- Working closely with team members on quality-related activities
- Leading and mentoring junior developers through projects
How you’ll get the job done:
- Accountability for value in the work you perform and the service you provide
- Establish credibility by the sharing of knowledge related to your personal experiences and work with the team to maintain strong communication throughout each relationship
- Sticking to the game plan. If something gets committed, ensuring it gets done
- Making it your job to know the particular product being delivered and how it will provide business value
- Something will always come up, and it’s better to play like you’re catching up than to play like you’ve already won
- Whether it’s when you need help or when you’re unsure of an outcome, when in doubt, call out
- When something is standing in your way of providing a successful solution, you have the authority to stop the assembly line until it gets resolved
- Stepping out of your comfort zone at times
- Taking pride in the work you have accomplished and showing it to the customer
- Avoiding the desire to take shortcuts at times instead maintain the consistency in how we approach solutions to ensure successful outcomes. Avoid the temptation to think that a difficult situation will be resolved simply by the passage of time and without the hard work of addressing root causes
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Deep understanding and experience with agile development practices, including unit testing and continuous integration
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility to ensure team success and quality solutions
- Team player that understands how your own work is important to the team’s success
- Ability to multitask across different projects
- Become a partner and trusted advisor to clients, advising on best-fit technologies and best practices
- Good knowledge of Scrum – if you don’t have this, you should possess a willingness to learn and adopt it quickly
- Familiarity with object serialization to one of the following: XML, JSON, BSON
- Database development skill using SQL Server or Oracle or equivalent
- Working knowledge of object oriented design, patterns and practices
- A deep understanding of the .NET platform and/or Java Platform and experience with JEE technologies
- Experience with the ASP.NET MVC and/or Spring
- System integration experience using either SOA techniques and ASMX or WCF (or equivalent) and/or JAX-RS or JAX-WS (or equivalent)
- Exposure to an ORM such as Entity Framework or NHibernate or equivalent or equivalent JPA implementation
- Windows server or Azure development experience and/or UNIX/Linux development experience
- Queuing experience using either JMS or MSMQ (or equivalent)
- Professionalism; to include written and oral communication – the ability to communicate collaboratively in front of a whiteboard. An ability to understand your audience and adjust your communication style to fit them.
- Ability to learn business concepts quickly
- Data transform knowledge using ODI or SSIS
- A caring attitude – care about what you do, who you do it with and how you’re going to be successful in the end
- SharePoint Developer should have relevant experience with SharePoint 2010 and 2013 including – SharePoint 2013 App Model; SharePoint Solution Development; SharePoint Client Object Model
- SharePoint Developer should have a deep understanding of SharePoint development best practices, publishing patterns, and taxonomy
Great to Haves!
- Technically savvy, entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in environments that reward self-initiative and resourcefulness
- Non-complainer – everyone has something they’d rather not do
- Academic background in computer science
- 8+ years professional software development experience
Want to know more?
- Specifics about job such as travel requirements, full time/part time, extra benefits, etc.