Senior Front-End Developer
Who are we?
AgileThought is a full service software development and implementation firm staffed by passionate, experienced software professionals. Ok, that said, we are fanatical about what we do and believe happy employees make happy customers. We are a client services organization that thrives when our clients are pleased, and we’re always looking for individuals who care about finding the right solution and delivering that solution with the best quality so everyone walks away wanting more.
The Front-End Developer is an AgileThought team member responsible for ensuring that the user-experience and overall product vision is carried out through the entire application. The role consists of working closely with the design team to turn screens, pages, user-interface components, and interaction states in to functional code. The Front-End Developer should be experienced in using the latest techniques to build rich, interactive, modern web applications but rooted in development standards and best practices. This includes performing analysis on architecture and desired application end-state to determine the best framework, API’s and tools to use in each situation. The Front-End Developer should be able to contribute value both through strategic thinking / thought leadership and through daily execution of tasks/assignments. He or she will work closely with Product Owner, UX / UI Designers and other developers in a highly-collaborative, agile, environment.
Our goal is to have our clients view our delivery teams as a valuable partner in assisting them in achieving business value through the software solutions we provide.
Our goal is nothing less than creating unparalleled experiences for our clients and staff. Successful delivery of the intended solution is paramount, but enduring value lies in executing in a way that cannot be found with any other provider, and leaving the client with the best possible feeling of success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Works with product team to understand project requirements
- Transpose sketches, wireframes, mock-ups into working code
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of design team outputs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Work on front-end development activities, solutions, methods, and practices
- Develop new and effective interactive design solutions on time and in scope
- Collaborate with User Experience team to deliver on new business initiatives and platform enhancements
How you’ll get the job done:
- Accountability for value in the work you perform and the service you provide
- Establish credibility by the sharing of knowledge related to your personal experiences and work with the team to maintain strong communication throughout each relationship
- Sticking to the game plan. If something gets committed, ensuring it gets done
- Making it your job to know the particular product being delivered and how it will provide business value
- Something will always come up, and it’s better to play like you’re catching up than to play like you’ve already won
- Whether it’s when you need help or when you’re unsure of an outcome, when in doubt, call out
- When something is standing in your way of providing a successful solution, you have the responsibility to bring the impediment to the attention of the team
- Stepping out of your comfort zone at times
- Taking pride in the work you have accomplished and showing it to the customer
- Avoiding the desire to take shortcuts at times instead maintain the consistency in how we approach solutions to ensure successful outcomes. Avoid the temptation to think that a difficult situation will be resolved simply by the passage of time and without the hard work of addressing root causes
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Possess an advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI; adhere to and extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens, and states
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Understand when mobile web apps are appropriate as opposed to native applications
- Have experience with:
- CSS systems such as LESS and SASS to compile style files
- Frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
- PHP include function to manage common elements
- Standards-compliant code
- Integrating HTML/CSS into ASP.NET environment using Visual Studio
- Work with client services, sales, and the project team, and manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions
- Understand agile software development and instill best practices into the process
Great to Haves!
- Familiar with Audit/Assurance practices within the Big 4
- Experience with Web GL
Want to know more?
- Specifics about job such as travel requirements, full time/part time, extra benefits, etc.