Who are we?
AgileThought is a full-service software development and implementation firm staffed by passionate, experienced software professionals. Ok, that said, we are fanatical about what we do and believe happy employees make happy customers. We are a client services organization that thrives when our clients are pleased, and we’re always looking for individuals who care about finding the right solution and delivering that solution with the best quality so everyone walks away wanting more.
The Technical Architect is an AgileThought team member involved in many aspects of a customer engagement; from the collaboration with other team members and customers to determine the best solution for a particular engagement to the design, development, and delivery of software products.
Our goal is to have our clients view our delivery teams as a valuable partner in assisting them in achieving business value through the software solutions we provide.
Our mission is nothing less than creating unparalleled experiences for our clients and staff. Successful delivery of the intended solution is paramount, but enduring value lies in executing in a way that cannot be found with any other provider and leaving the client with the best possible feeling of success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Explain abstract technical concepts in a business value context is critical
- Define and create reusable development frameworks and tools used by development teams
- Guide our customers during development projects on planning, feature scoping, development practices and quality
- Evangelize agile practices and standards to team members
- Lead design reviews of web, Windows, cloud and mobile applications
- Evaluate and recommend on Microsoft-based technology based products (commercial or open source) as to their technical merit and architecture
- Assess risks associated with usage of 3rd party components and packages
How you’ll get the job done:
- Accountability for value in the work you perform and the service you provide
- Establish credibility by the sharing of knowledge related to your personal experiences and work with the team to maintain strong communication throughout each relationship
- Sticking to the game plan. If something gets committed, ensuring it gets done
- Making it your job to know the particular product being delivered and how it will provide business value
- Something will always come up, and it’s better to play like you’re catching up than to play like you’ve already won
- Whether it’s when you need help or when you’re unsure of an outcome, when in doubt, call out
- When something is standing in your way of providing a successful solution, you have the authority to stop the assembly line until it gets resolved
- Stepping out of your comfort zone at times.
- Taking pride in the work you have accomplished and showing it to the customer
- Avoiding the desire to take shortcuts at times instead maintain the consistency in how we approach solutions to ensure successful outcomes. Avoid the temptation to think that a difficult situation will be resolved simply by the passage of time and without the hard work of addressing root causes.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Aptitude and desire for learning new technologies
- Ability to teach technical concepts
- Excellent self-organization and time management
- Ability to learn business concepts quickly and communicate to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Skilled in abstracting complex business problems in order to come up with a technical solution
- Ability to actively participate in architecture and design efforts
- Skilled in facilitating discussion in order to solve problems with project stakeholders
- Willing to lead and mentor others on agile development practices
- Experience successfully navigating organizational issues, constraints and concerns
- Solid understanding of common architectural patterns and trends
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the following technologies:
- SharePoint 2007, 2010 (preferred)
- .NET framework, including ASP.NET development
- SQL Server 2008 or 2012Experience designing and building applications using various components of Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Must have experience in designing DW/BI architectures, understanding of common data warehouse architectural patterns and trends (star schemas, conformed dimensions, ETL patterns, cube design, etc.)
- Experience with SSAS, SSIS and SSRS is desirable
- Solid experience designing and creating data warehouse data models, designing and creating multi-dimensional cubes in a data warehouse environment, designing and creating ETL processes, designing and creating BI front ends
- Desire to write production code
- Project experience using the Scrum framework
- Project experience with agile development practices, including unit testing and continuous integration
- A strong sense of ownership and a willingness to work with team members to drive out successful solutions
- Professionalism; to include written and oral communication – the ability to communicate collaboratively in front of a whiteboard. An ability to understand your audience and adjust your communication style to fit them.
- A desire to constantly learn and share new knowledge
- A caring attitude – care about what you do, who you do it with and how you’re going to be successful in the end
Great to haves!
- Technically savvy, entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in environments that reward self-initiative and resourcefulness
- Academic background in computer science
- 8+ years relevant professional work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on development experience in a technical role
- Must have experience in designing software architectures, understanding of common architectural patterns and trends
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Want to know more?
Specifics about job such as travel requirements, full time/part time, extra benefits, etc.